By Mark Havens, VP, Sales & Marketing, SSCS
Sometimes you may find that you just don’t have enough IT staff on hand to address special technical projects. By projects, I am specifically referring to tasks that have a beginning and an end – no matter the level of complexity. Or, perhaps you have projects/tasks that come up during a major transition or deployment and your IT staff are completely focused on this larger objective. Adding new staff with technical ability may not make sense for temporary and special projects. Yet, having the full assurance you’ll find adequate technical depth is not as simple as calling a temp agency.
What if someone offered “on-demand” IT project support? What if a company comprised of technical experts in servers, storage, networking, hardware deployments, etc. made available its staff for onsite and/or remotely handled projects?
We offer such a service – it’s called Smart Hands. We offer the Smart Hands service to data center management, making our technical experts available to conduct any task other than direct break/fix activities. The Smart Hands service should not be compared to traditional T&M-related, break/fix-like support for hardware assets.
Break/fix is hardware maintenance and necessitates a support agreement. Some might be tempted to refer to this service as “IMAC” or “IMACD.” While there is certainly crossover, the service options available can exceed common definitions for IMAC/IMACD. Instead, think of our Smart Hands as broader in scope, “as you need” or “as you might dream” IT project support services.
SSCS Smart Hands can help with:
- Project assistance providing incremental labor when and where needed
- Remote office or branch office (ROBO) support
- Server/storage/networking gear installations, diagnostics, reboots or decommissioning
- Server/storage/networking asset relocations within the data center or to other sites
- Cabling or cable moving
- Component upgrades
- Tape/CD exchanges
- Resetting ILO and/or remote connectivity cards
- Visual inspection of systems or asset location verification
- Physical site audits – or physical verification of any type
- Periodic site visits/walk-throughs to examine any warning lights, cause/troubleshooting. Assistance with all levels of problem determination and deployment of corrective solution(s)
Whether our break/fix clients think of our service as incremental labor, on-demand dispatch or Smart Hands, it really doesn’t matter to us. We’re here to help and welcome all inquiries to further discuss your special projects.
Mark Havens, VP, Sales & Marketing, SSCS
This year will be Mark’s 23rd year with SSCS Global IT Services. Beginning in sales, he was promoted to Vice President, Sales & Marketing, now responsible for all global sales activities, brand recognition, inbound/outbound marketing and primary messaging. In his previous employment in management with Ritz Carlton, Mark was highly influenced by their industry-leading customer service program, as influenced by the standards of the Malcolm Baldridge quality awards.
In his spare time, Mark is engaged is numerous activities with his daughter, plays the bass guitar and is a vocalist with a band and his church choir.